Motivation Active Folding
Motivation’s Active Folding Wheelchair is a size adjustable, active, four-wheel wheelchair for semi-urban environments. Wide casters are shock absorbing for smoother ride over bumpy terrain. Comes with a contoured and postural support foam pressure-relieving cushion.
Active adults without postural support needs; older adults (over 65 years old); older children/teenagers.
- Product Details
- Support Materials
- Frame is steel with black powder coating
- Padded seat and back
- Adjustable footrests
- Includes a contoured pressure relief cushion suitable for all users and for users with high risk of pressure sores. Cushion allows for comfortable sitting over long periods and gives good postural support. The cushion has a removable and washable water resistant cover.
- Rear wheels: 26” (66 cm) with pneumatic (air) tires. Wheels have slight camber for improved maneuverability.
- Casters: 6” diameter x 2” width (15 x 5 cm); solid rubber
- Folding X-Brace frame
- Height adjustable backrest with tension adjustable backrest upholstery
- Adjustable seat depth
- Calf strap
- Basic tool kit for maintenance
- Chair passes ISO 7176 test and is manufactured in an ISO 9000 quality certified factory. Carries CE Mark
- For more information, please see the Motivation Active Folding
- Package Information: 67 x 67 x 42 cm; one unit per carton
- Weight capacity: 100 kg (220 lbs)
- Estimated assembly time: 20 minutes
This wheelchair is covered by the CLASP wheelchair warranty.
Intended for active users who use the wheelchair as their primary method of mobility and who do not require postural support that exceeds the support features of the Motivation Active Folding wheelchair. Intended for use indoors or outdoors. The user’s lifestyle and normal method of transportation (automobile, bus, car, motorcycle) should be considered to match the wheelchair’s ability to be transported easily.
Rugged mobility products are designed for environments that have higher impacts, more humidity, and generally more severe requirements than standard indoor wheelchairs are designed for. These wheelchairs are stronger and allow the user to roll off of short curbs up to 15 cm high, roll over small obstacles, and go over some unpaved surfaces. Users must properly maintain the wheelchair in order to keep the chair strong. It is important to keep tires inflated, change bearings as needed, and keep the chair dry and free of corrosion. Rugged mobility products are not designed for skate parks, outside storage, racing, going down stairs, or being dropped from a height more than 15 cm – such as off of a bus or vehicle.
Many wheelchair parts can be destroyed by corrosion from water, especially salty water. After exposure to water, the wheelchair should be carefully dried off and salt should be washed away. If corrosion (rust) appears, the area should be cleaned of corrosion and repainted. The CLASP warranty does not cover damage by corrosion.
Important: Provision of this wheelchair requires a clinical process by a therapist trained in Wheelchair Service Training Package – Basic Level