Motivation Rough Terrain
A robust and sturdy three wheel active wheelchair with a large rubber caster wheel and long wheelbase that allows for safe and stable mobility over uneven ground. The large 26″ rear wheels and big front caster allow easier travel over obstacles. Available in four sizes, the Rough Terrain provides good postural support and comfort, has a range of adjustable features and is supplied with a contoured pressure-relieving cushion.
The Rough Terrain can be converted into a tricycle by attaching Motivation’s Clip-on Tricycle.
Active adults without additional postural support needs who regularly use a wheelchair in rugged conditions and on uneven surfaces; older adults (over 65 years old); teenagers/older children.
- Product Details
- Support Materials
- Frame is powder coated steel with zinc coated fasteners and some aluminum components
- Solid seat base for a durable sitting platform
- Includes a contoured pressure relief cushion suitable for all users and for users with high risk of pressure sores. Cushion allows for comfortable sitting over long periods and gives good postural support. The cushion has a removable and washable water resistant cover.
- Padded seat and back
- Adjustable seat depth
- Adjustable backrest height and angle
- Removable armrests
- Quick release rear wheels: 26” (66 cm); pneumatic
- Caster: 8.7” diameter x 2.4” width (22 x 6 cm); solid
- Frame is rigid, not folding
- Backrest folds down
- Basic tool kit for maintenance
- Chair passes ISO 7176 test and is manufactured in an ISO 9000 quality certified factory. Carries CE Mark.
- For more information, please see the Motivation Rough Terrain brochure
- Package information: 90 x 67.5 x 33.5 cm; one unit per carton
- Weight capacity: 113 kg (250 lbs)
- Estimated assembly time: 30 minutes
Intended for active users who use the wheelchair as their primary method of mobility and who do not require postural support that exceeds the support features of the Motivation Rough Terrain wheelchair. Intended for use indoors or outdoors. The user’s lifestyle and normal method of transportation (automobile, bus, car, motorcycle) should be considered to match the wheelchair’s ability to be transported easily.
Rugged mobility products are designed for environments that have higher impacts, more humidity, and generally more severe requirements than standard indoor wheelchairs are designed for. These wheelchairs are stronger and allow the user to roll off of short curbs up to 15 cm high, roll over small obstacles, and go over some unpaved surfaces. Users must properly maintain the wheelchair in order to keep the chair strong. It is important to keep tires inflated, change bearings as needed, and keep the chair dry and free of corrosion.
Rugged mobility products are not designed for skate parks, outside storage, racing, going down stairs, or being dropped from a height more than 15 cm – such as off of a bus or vehicle.
Many wheelchair parts can be destroyed by corrosion from water, especially salty water. After exposure to water, the wheelchair should be carefully dried off and salt should be washed away. If corrosion (rust) appears, the area should be cleaned of corrosion and repainted. The CLASP warranty does not cover damage by corrosion.
Important: Provision of this wheelchair requires a clinical process by a therapist trained in Wheelchair Service Training Package – Basic Level