The award-winning RoughRider is designed to handle rugged terrain with ease. Proven in over 25 countries by thousands of riders who live in the worst of conditions and need the best of chairs. Riders use it as a super-durable daily-use chair or as a backup when life calls for off-pavement adventures.
Active adults without postural support needs who regularly use a wheelchair in rugged conditions and on uneven surfaces; older adults (over 65 years old); available for teenagers/older children; includes pressure relief cushion.
- Product Details
- Support Materials
- Long wheelbase for stability on uneven terrain; can descend up to 8” (20 cm) curb without tipping forward
- Designed for extreme durability and easy local repair
- Rear wheels: 24” (61cm) pneumatic; standard bicycle wheels; bolt and nut axles
- Casters: 4” diameter x 3” width (11cm x 8 cm); solid; super durable
- Includes a D-Slim pressure relief cushion
- Folding X-Brace frame
- Tension adjustable back
- Armrests: low profile; not removable
- Adjustable seat depth
- Calf strap
- Basic tool kit for maintenance
- ISO compliant and FDA approved
- For more information, please see the Whirlwind RoughRider brochure
- Package Information: 93.5 x 31 x 66 cm; one unit per carton
- Weight capacity: 100 kg (220 lbs)
- Estimated assembly time: 20 minutes
Assembly and Adjustment Videos
- RoughRider Wheelchair Assembly
- Brake Adjustment
- Backrest Height And Tensionable Straps
- Footrest Height
- Caster Installation
- Rear Wheel Installation
- Seat Extension
This wheelchair is covered by the CLASP wheelchair warranty.
Intended for active users who use the wheelchair as their primary method of mobility and who do not require postural support that exceeds the support features of the Whirlwind RoughRider wheelchair. Intended for use indoors or outdoors. The user’s lifestyle and normal method of transportation (automobile, bus, car, motorcycle) should be considered to match the wheelchair’s ability to be transported easily.
Rugged mobility products are designed for environments that have higher impacts, more humidity, and generally more severe requirements than standard indoor wheelchairs are designed for. These wheelchairs are stronger and allow the user to roll off of short curbs up to 15 cm high, roll over small obstacles, and go over some unpaved surfaces. Users must properly maintain the wheelchair in order to keep the chair strong. It is important to keep tires inflated, change bearings as needed, and keep the chair dry and free of corrosion.
Rugged mobility products are not designed for skate parks, outside storage, racing, going down stairs, or being dropped from a height more than 15 cm – such as off of a bus or vehicle.
Many wheelchair parts can be destroyed by corrosion from water, especially salty water. After exposure to water, the wheelchair should be carefully dried off and salt should be washed away. If corrosion (rust) appears, the area should be cleaned of corrosion and repainted. The CLASP warranty does not cover damage by corrosion.
Important: Provision of this wheelchair requires a clinical process by a therapist trained in Wheelchair Service Training Package – Basic Level