CLASP offers a limited warranty on most of our wheelchairs.* The warranty is an extension of the manufacturer’s warranty and covers the following:
- Frame: The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship for 12 months from the date the wheelchair is provided to the user, or 12 months from the date the wheelchair was received at its final ship-to address if the wheelchair has not yet been provided
- Components (e.g., wheel locks, caster forks, brackets, seating system structure): The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship for 6 months from the date the wheelchair is provided to the user, or 6 months from the date the wheelchair was received at its final ship-to address if the wheelchair has not yet been provided.
- Wearing parts (e.g., tires, tubes, bearings, casters, cushions, upholstery): Normal wear is not covered under the warranty. Wheelchairs are guaranteed to be in good condition when received.
- The warranty does not cover the cost of shipping or labor on claims. Solutions to this will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- The warranty does not cover damage from use that is not considered normal use.
*Some exclusions apply. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
How to make a warranty claim
Claims may be submitted for wheelchairs with defects noted before provision and after provision. CLASP buyers, Service Partners, and other service providers must follow the steps below to make a warranty claim on a wheelchair.
To activate the warranty coverage, the wheelchair must be registered no later than 30 days after the wheelchair is provided to the user. For wheelchairs that have not been provided, claimants can start at Step 2.
The warranty is void if:
- The wheelchair has not been registered if it has been provided to the user
- The wheelchair has been modified beyond the normal modifications described in the product support materials
- The wheelchair serial number has been removed
- The wheelchair has been subject to abuse, neglect, storage without roof or cover
- Maximum recommended weight is exceeded
- Use is outside the recommended environment
- Improper repairs
- The wheelchair is used by someone other than the original user